Thursday 28 August 2014

Flight Films #7: The Other Woman


This isn’t really my sort of film, but I thought I’d watch it for something light and easy and because Jun and I considered going to see it purely because it had Nicki Minaj in it – and she after all gave us the holiday’s theme song.

A silly film about a licentious conman who cheats on his wife with numerous women – until they find out about it and decide first to screw with him and then to bust him. Quite apart from coming from that bizarre and alien world of American dating – where it seems everyone is expected to have a few dozen short-term relationships a year – this is a definite chick-flick. Its humour primarily comes from having a shrill, ditzy woman as the wife doing silly things, and occasional poop and body part jokes – though there are some great little off-beat natural moments.


Can’t say I found it very interesting at all or rooted for any of the characters very much – though they all acted as well as they could under the circumstances – but I was lightly amused. And Minaj’s small role was done perfectly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment